submitted by Bobelr to DxChainNetwork [link] [comments]
Recently, Dxchain team announced the launch of Dxchain project's mainnet alpha. You can find the article containing the release here.
In this article, the team summarized briefly on what mainnet entails as quoted below:
It is well known that mainnet is the fundamental of a blockchain project, cryptocurrency is not a real blockchain technology until the Mainnet launch. Any concepts, ideas or theories are not realizable. DxChain has been committed to building a secure and efficient decentralized big data storage and computing network from the beginning. The construction, development and performance of DxChain network are what DxChain engineers caring about. The release of DxChain Mainnet Alpha represents that DxChain has basically completed the construction of the public chain framework, in which smart contracts, storage contracts, DPoS consensus algorithms, mining and other functions have been developed; also represents DxChain's transformation from cryptocurrency to a real public chain.
The explanation is concise enough for an average crypto user to understand what mainnet is. In this article, I will try to expand a bit farther on the idea of mainnet and why it is necessary for a project like DxchainNetwork to have a mainnet.
In the forum discussion I started here, I gathered knowledge of how mainnet works which gave me the clear insight of what I needed to know. Firstly, let us take a deeper look of what a mainnet is.
What Is A Mainnet?Before now, On July 8, Dxchain launched her testnet and officially announced it here. It evidenced that the Dxchain Team had the prototype of the project up for running. That brings me to contrasting between Mainnet and Testnet. A Mainnet stands for the "Main Network" is the “real” cryptocurrency network where testnet represents a dummy alternatively network for the purposes of testing only. The cryptocurrency coins/token generated on testnet mostly aren't real since they do not have any monetary value as compared to that of mainnet with monetary value.
The functionality of transferring a digital currency between the parties involved is rendered on the mainnet. It is on the mainnet that the decentralized applications are developed and deployed.
According to Binance Academy ,Mainnet is the term used to describe when a blockchain protocol is fully developed and deployed, meaning that cryptocurrency transactions are being broadcasted, verified, and recorded on a distributed ledger technology (blockchain).
In cryptocurrencies, mainnets are the end products in blockchain projects that make it possible for transactions to be carried out. It also undergoes changes from time to time when there is need for updates or review. Before an investors makes his decision to invest in an Initial Coin Offering (ICO), it appears very crucial to be sure the blockchain project has a mainnet. Both mainnet or a testnet indicate the seriousness of a project as they affect the price of a cryptocurrency in one way or another.
Does Mainnet Affect Price of coin?On Dxchain's telegram communuty, I have witnessed several users asking questions like "Admin, Why the pump?, "Admin, price is high. Why! and so on. It is obvious there are so many who seem not having the right information before investing in a coin resulting in them either losing or missing out of good projects. This accounts for why this article is necessary. Continuous upgrades and revision of the mainnet function is a must if a cryptocurrency project is to enjoy wide success in terms of rising price which I believe the Dxchain Team have in their routine plan board. For instance, Bitcoin is one project that has enjoyed immense success in cryptocurrency environment, in part because of Mainnet upgrades.
Recently, the top cryptocurrency by market capitalization launched Lightning Network -a mainnet feature that added a second layer on the blockchain. The Off-chain solution was a significant update intended to make BTC more scalable thus allowing the blockchain to handle more transactions per second.`
ConclusionIn conclusion, a mainnet launch is a planned and or defining time for a blockchain project to open to public and commence mass adaptation. When a blockchain project team is ready to roll out their official end product, they will carry out a “mainnet launch”, putting the product into actual production and operations.
claimAll will not work for most users. When you get to the claim step, please use the following tutorial: https://steemit.com/eos/@koyn/minimizing-the-cost-of-gas-when-claiming-eos-using-myetherwallet
REMEMBER YOU ONLY NEED TO REGISTER YOUR TOKENS IF YOU BOUGHT THEM ON AN EXCHANGE. YOU DON'T NEED TO CLAIM THEM.
So PLEASE REGISTER your Ethereum address NOW, don't forget about it, or plan on doing it some time in the near future.
- Go to the EOS website https://eos.io
- Scroll down and select "GET EOS"
- Tick all the required boxes and click "Continue"
- Scroll down and click "Register"
- Select Metamask, MyEtherWallet, or Ethereum Wallet
- Follow the guide.
- Remember that the reason you need to register your Ethereum ERC-20 address is to include your EOS tokens in order for the balance of your EOS Tokens to be included in the Snapshot if a Snapshot is created, you must register your Ethereum address with an EOS public key. The EOS snapshot will take place prior to the 1 June 2018. After this point your ERC-20 EOS tokens will be frozen. And you will be issued EOS tokens on the EOS blockchain.
“EOS.IO software utilizes the only known decentralized consensus algorithm proven capable of meeting the performance requirements of applications on the blockchain, Delegated Proof of Stake (DPOS). Under this algorithm, those who hold tokens on a blockchain adopting the EOS.IO software may select block producers through a continuous approval voting system. Anyone may choose to participate in block production and will be given an opportunity to produce blocks, provided they can persuade token holders to vote for them.
The EOS.IO software enables blocks to be produced exactly every 0.5 second and exactly one producer is authorized to produce a block at any given point in time. If the block is not produced at the scheduled time, then the block for that time slot is skipped. When one or more blocks are skipped, there is a 0.5 or more second gap in the blockchain.
Using the EOS.IO software, blocks are produced in rounds of 126 (6 blocks each, times 21 producers). At the start of each round 21 unique block producers are chosen by preference of votes cast by token holders. The selected producers are scheduled in an order agreed upon by 15 or more producers.
Byzantine Fault Tolerance is added to traditional DPOS by allowing all producers to sign all blocks so long as no producer signs two blocks with the same timestamp or the same block height. Once 15 producers have signed a block the block is deemed irreversible. Any byzantine producer would have to generate cryptographic evidence of their treason by signing two blocks with the same timestamp or blockheight. Under this model a irreversible consensus should be reachable within 1 second."
"The EOS Tokens do not have any rights, uses, purpose, attributes, functionalities or features, express or implied, including, without limitation, any uses, purpose, attributes, functionalities or features on the EOS Platform."
"In sum, Defendants capitalized on the recent enthusiasm for blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies to raise funds through the ICO, illegally sold unqualified and unregistered securities, used a Swiss-based entity in an unsuccessful attempt to evade U.S. securities laws, and are now admittedly engaged in the conversion, selling, and possible dissipation of the proceeds that they collected from the Class through their unregistered offering."To ensure EOS tokens are not classed as a unregistered security block.one has made it clear that they are creating the EOS software only and won’t launching a public blockchain themselves. This task is left down to the community, or more precisely, the Block Producers (BPs). The following disclaimer is seen after posts from block.one:
"block.one is a software company and is producing the EOS.IO software as free, open source software. This software may enable those who deploy it to launch a blockchain or decentralized applications with the features described above. block.one will not be launching a public blockchain based on the EOS.IO software. It will be the sole responsibility of third parties and the community and those who wish to become block producers to implement the features and/or provide the services described above as they see fit. block.one does not guarantee that anyone will implement such features or provide such services or that the EOS.IO software will be adopted and deployed in any way.”It is expected that many blockchains using eos.io software will emerge. To ensure DAPPs are created on an ecosystem that aligns with the interests of block.one a $1bn fund will be has been created to incentivise projects to use this blockchain.
“A lot of token distributions only allow a small amount of people to participate. The EOS Token distribution structure was created to provide a sufficient period of time for people to participate if they so choose, as well as give people the opportunity to see the development of the EOS.IO Software prior to making a decision to purchase EOS Tokens.”
“block.one intends to engage an independent third party auditor who will release an independent audit report providing further assurances that block.one has not purchased EOS Tokens during the EOS Token distribution period or traded EOS Tokens (including using proceeds from the EOS Token distribution for these purposes). This report will be made available to the public on the eos.io website.”
"DDoS'ing a block producing is not as simple as knowing their IP address and hitting "go". We have distributed systems engineers in each of our candidate groups that have worked to defend DDoS systems in their careers. Infrastructure can be built in a way to minimize the exposure of the Block Producing node itself and to prevent a DDoS attack. We haven't published our full architecture yet but let's take a look at fellow candidate EOSphere to see what we mean. As for the launch of the network, we are assuming there will be attacks on the network as we launch. It is being built into the network launch plans. I will reach out to our engineers to get a more detailed answer for you. What also must be considered is that there will be 121 total producing and non-producing nodes on the network. To DDoS all 121 which are located all around the world with different security configurations at the exact same time would be a monumental achievement."
"The only way to maintain the integrity of a community is for the community to have control over its own composition. This means that open-entry systems built around anonymous participation will have no means expelling bad actors and will eventually succumb to profit-driven corruption. You cannot use stake as a proxy for goodness whether that stake is held in a bond or a shareholder’s vote. Goodness is subjective and it is up to each community to define what values they hold as good and to actively expel people they hold has bad.
The community I want to participate in will expel the rent-seeking vote-buyers and reward those who use their elected broadcasting power for the benefit of all community members rather than special interest groups (such as vote-buyers). I have faith that such a community will be far more competitive in a market competition for mindshare than one that elects vote buyers."
1. Bitcoin Trading vs. Investing. The first thing we want to do before we dive deep into the subject is to understand what Bitcoin trading is, and how is it different from investing in Bitcoin.. When people invest in Bitcoin, it usually means that they are buying Bitcoin for the long term. In other words, they believe that the price will ultimately rise, regardless of the ups and down that ... 7.2 Purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin; 8 Purchase IOTA at Binance; 9 Conclusion; 10 Useful Links; In the near future, your phone and computer probably won’t be the only devices connected to the internet. Every physical device ranging from your fridge, oven, car, and even house may be interconnected via the internet. This inter-networking of equipment is called the Internet of Things (IoT), a ... If you missed out, this is how you buy NAS: first, buy create an account at Binance and get the necessary verification. Thereafter link your bank account to the exchange, deposit funds and Buy BTC or ETH. Once fund reflects, exchange BTC for NAS at market rates. This is the system at the heart of every proof-of-work based algorithm. Bitcoin Mining And Bitcoin Hash. This relates to Bitcoin mining in the sense that mining is an action performed by a requester who is offering computational power to help Bitcoin, who is the provider, to verify transactions. A miner may search the Bitcoin mempool, where unconfirmed transactions are stored, verify the ... Bitcoin, due to the fact that Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency, has a number of technical imperfections. Bitcoin uses the SHA-256 algorithm. After a large number of transactions, the network is under pressure. In order for a transaction to have a confirmation priority and can be executed, a large fee has to be paid. Since the Bitcoin rate is high, the commission is too high and it is not ... Bitcoin Cash (BCH) soared above the range on May 11, which is a positive sign. We like the way the bulls held the price above the previous resistance-turned-support of $335.62. The BCH/USD pair can now rally to $424 and above it to $500. Our bullish assumption will be negated if the pair breaks down of the support at $335.62 and re-enters the range. The trend will weaken if the bears sink the ... Learn how Bitcoin works, what gives it value and everything you need to know before getting started, with the complete beginner's guide. How To Get Bitcoin To Binance - Bitcoin Mining App For Windows 10 How To Get Bitcoin To Binance Is Bitcoin Cash Better Than Bitcoin Bitcoin Bots Limited Bitcoin’s algorithm governing the network is Proof-of-Work (POW) based so miners have to spent a lot on expensive hardware and electricity to solve mathematical puzzles, which result in a block being processed (and thus the transactions). Currently, it costs around under $1 to have your transaction processed on the network. However, that can quickly change in case of increased activity on ... The development of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. While the rise of a financial crisis in 2008 highlighted some of the risks associated with the traditional banking system, 2008 was also the birth year of Bitcoin - the first cryptocurrency to be created. In contrast to fiat currencies, such as the US dollar or British pound, Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are decentralized, which ...
[index]          
How to Trade Bitcoin or Cryptocurrency Easy Tutorial - Binance, Ripple XRP, Ethereum, Beginner. Video 2. If you missed how to buy your first Bitcoin or other... CryptoRobert's quick and easy tutorial on how easy it is to send Bitcoin or Ethereum to Binance using GDAX. You read that correctly. ANYONE can use GDAX to quickly fund not just your Binance ... This Binance for Beginners Series will have four videos: 1. Signing up, securit... Skip navigation Sign in. Search. Loading... Close. This video is unavailable. Watch Queue Queue. Watch Queue ... Binance hiring for 180 positions, KIN sees massive growth, Blockchain gaming booms ----- My other channels and subscribe! https://w... BREAKING! JAPAN & USA COLLABORATION to BEAT China's E-Yuan! Ethereum to 10k minimum + SEC Securities - Duration: 29:09. Digital Asset News 31,107 views Binance Exchange Secure Your Wealth With a Ledger Wallet https://www.ledgerwallet.com/r/2fe1 Start Investing in Bitcoin & Other Crypto Currencies Sign Up To ... Start trading Bitcoin and cryptocurrency here: http://bit.ly/2Vptr2X Bitcoin is the first decentralized digital currency. All Bitcoin transactions are docume... Hoe werkt de Chinese exchange Binance?? Ik vertel het je in dit filmpje. Het is de eerste keer dat ik deze exchange gebruik dus bare with me! Vragen over Crypto? Join m'n Telegram groep en stel ze ... You can buy bitcoin on coinbase and transfer it over to binance and then buy some litecoin for example Coinbase is the place to buy bitcoin, litecoin, Ethereum and Bitcoin cash. Just open an ...